Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Saturday, February 4, 2017

La Passacaglia, another new interest

In September I was going to visit family and thought I would like some hand sewing to bring along. I had seen lots of pictures of this quilt and had to try it. Thankfully I found inklingo.com! Most people are English Paper Piecing which is a lot of prep before you even start sewing. With Inklingo the fabric is ironed onto freezer paper and the template for the pieces are printed directly onto the fabric and I can use a running stitch to sew.  The big surprise to me has been how much I enjoy ending my day with some hand sewing. Who new?!







Handy dandy christmas wreath storage that works great to keep my rosettes safe.


Homemade finger pincushions from the inklingo blog.I used leftover yo-yo's from the quilt I made for Maggie in 2001 or so. See, never get rid of anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment