Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Friday, December 15, 2017

Jimmy Buffet t-shirt quilt

This so much fun to make. The "waves" were created from Hawaiian shirts using the Snail Trail traditional block pattern. The large fish were made from t-shirt fabric. The smaller ones are make from cotton fabric since they were 1" half square triangles, the t-shirt fabric would have been too thick.
 The Parrot's tail was on a white t-shirt and would have looked odd with just a big expanse of white so I turned it under and it is appliqued on top of the shirt below.
This is the first time that I've used an Ombre fabric for the setting strips but it won't be the last, I love how it looks.

I used a lightweight microfleece blanket from target for the backing. It worked great and it was nice to be able to get just the size that I needed. It quilts up nicely too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment