Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Monday, February 12, 2018

Sweet Shop Quilt

This was a long process. the inspiration was the novelty fabric in the alternate blocks. I just love the turquoise, pink and brown. I chose the traditional cake stand quilt block and used chenille for the "ice cream" with a cherry on top. 

On a visit to the University of Illinois Mom's weekend, I met a lady who was making these darling dessert spoons and forks. I was able to have her make a set to match my quilt. At the time I didn't know how I would use them. 

I call this my "candy wrapper" border. I took pleated grosgrain ribbon, cut it and formed it into a semi-circle. 

I printed the silverware onto fabric, backed it with fusible and attached to the setting triangles. The beads weren't as vibrant as I'd like so I embellished the images with matching beads. I had to make the larger pink beads out of polymer clay since I couln't find just what I wanted. 

this is a view of the back


Available for Sale
$850

No comments:

Post a Comment