Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Laila learns to make a quilt

My granddaughter, Laila turned 8 years old in April and I had told her that when she was 8 I would teach her to make a quilt. Around this time we got news of a surprise 80th birthday party for her Great Grandma Sharon. My mom, Nancy was also turning 80 this spring so we had a plan. Laila's first 2 quilts would be for her greatgrandma's. I had a nice supply of 1930's prints in my stash and since they were born in 1936 it seemed perfect.

Laila learned the joy of seam ripping.



Deciding on placement.

Laila didn't like the 1/4" seam allowance so she chose the (10) line which is about 1/2". That's okay, I just channelled Mary Ellen Hopkins and explained that it was ok, just be consistent because these all have to go together later.



No comments:

Post a Comment