Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Alpha Omicron Pi

This quilt was made for a college graduation. The theme needed to be the Sorority colors and symbol, a red rose.


Close up detail of the rose. I used a frayed edge to get a three dimensional look. I used many different reds, be sure to use some orange reds, they really make the other reds pop. Instead of cutting circles, I made a random wavy edge, cut them out in three sizes, sewed the 'circles' on top of each other on a square of white; then cut each square into quarters and sewed them back together to get a nice distribution of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment