Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Friday, August 7, 2009

Photo Quilts-Women

This quilt was made for my house. I have three daughters and we had a really nice portrait of the three of them . I decided to make a photo quilt

with all the women in our family. I was also teaching a photo quilting class and wanted to try out some different photo transfer sheets.


I got photos of grandmothers and great-grandmothers at the same age for the quilt. I love that both of the girls grandfathers wanted to send a current photo of their wives because they both thought the women were more beautiful now.


I used two brands of fabric sheets that are usually available in a quilt store. Printed Treasures is made by Milliken, info@printedtresures.com . The fabric has a very tight weave and the picture is crisp. The feel of the fabric is a little stiff.
Miracle Fabric Sheets are made by C. Jenkins, http://www.cjenkinscompany.com/ . This is the same company that introduced us to Bubble Jet set which is a wonderful product that turns any fabric into one that can create permanent images with an inkjet printer. The nice thing about the fabric sheets is that they are already treated and backed. Bubble Jet is great for a really large project though. I prefer the Miracle Fabric Sheets because the fabric is softer after being printed. I worked for Caryl Bryer Fallert who was a pioneer in printing on fabric and Bubble Jet Set is what she used. You can see some fantastic art quilts at her web site, www.bryerpatch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment