Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ben and Jerry's T-Shirt Quilts

This is the first quilt I got to make using Ben & Jerry's t-shirts. A wonderful lady named Melissa came to me and wanted to have the quilt made for her good friend and boss, Jerry. She gave me the shirts, told me that I was the artist and I should do what I thought was best. Boy was this fun to do! The only requirement was that Cherry Garcia got center stage.


It's kind of hard to see but in the lower right corner is the low fat ice cream t-shirt. I think the shape turned out pretty well. The shirts don't have to be set in squares and rectangles only.


A few years later, Melissa came back and wanted another quilt made to celebrate her career with Ben & Jerry's which had started when they were selling ice cream out of trucks.


I made a road for the truck to wind down the quilt. This is a close-up of some of the quilting. The three triangles in the center of the quilt were the most important memories.












No comments:

Post a Comment