Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

What was I thinking?

I recently took this quilt out to look at it and try to remember just what still needed to be done to finish it. The hearts are made in the same fashion as the frayed circles that I talked about earlier. The thing is heavily quilted and nearly finished so why did it get put away? Ahhh, now I remember, I had some crazy idea about a heart quilted into the design and the thread was too thick so I had to pick out all the stitches. It looks like I got the stipple quilting out but stopped at the second outline. I must have been pretty frustrated.

Well, now it is hard to remember the plan so I guess I'll just have to look at it for a while and figure something out. Lesson: go ahead and put the project away if you are too frustrated but maybe don't wait years before you go back to it.

Here is a bonus picture of Laila carrying a couple of purses around. She has a the makings of a purses fanatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment