Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Madrigals & unusual items in quilts

This quilt was made for a young lady who had been a member of a Madrigal singing group in High School. given the nature of the group, there weren't nay t-shirts but it was a big part of her high school experinece and needed to be represented. I took the head wreath that she wore apart and sewed it onto a background square and incorporated that into the quilt. This photo shows the special hankies that reminded her of her favorite aunt who had passed away. What I did here was use monofilament thread and sewed them all to a foundation again. After this quilt I quit using prints. I think it got a little too busy.





No comments:

Post a Comment