Featured Post

My Fancy Pants Scrap Quilt (La Passacaglia)

Practice layouts for Rosettes before I knew anything. The fabric pull for La Passacaglia Family crafting on the trip home from...

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mae Bolt, Bowling Hall of Fame


This was a pretty interesting quilt to make. Mae Bolt had been bowling for something like 50 years. She was in the Bowling Hall of Fame, who knew? not me. This was a real challenge because she had so many shirts and they were so similar. I finally used the large logo of each new design for the Allgauers restaurant that sponsored her and just strips of the rest in the bottom of the quilt.
You can't see the detail here but I did some discharge on the black where the bowling balls are and it looks like the balls are rolling. You can see that I used her name as part of the inspiration in this quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment